Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sights and sounds

Two clips, each about 30 seconds long. The first is in Old Cairo, near the Mari Girgis station. I don't know what's producing the smoke in the background. Maybe the schoolboys are playing snap-the-whip again. [Rory Challands has posted a swell picture here.] The second is on Tahrir Boulevard, a couple blocks from my place. Having a great time. The scary stuff is 10K away.


sights.and.sounds from Sluggh McGee on Vimeo.



The way-angries will be throwing another hissy fit tonight, and the cops are ready.

















I love coming down to the river. It's only about 10 blocks away and the views are spectacular.

















But my favorite activity in any unfamiliar place is a trip to the grocery store. This will never change.

3 comments:

  1. The view is beautiful. What is in those cans at the grocery store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. I think it's shortening, cuz they were near the Crisco. Was a little surprised to see taco shells in an end-cap. Made me think of home.

      Delete
  2. I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. nuremberg sights

    ReplyDelete